Fourteen skeletons were found according to Oldham (1991, 24), with Pleistocene faunal remains in the lower deposits. Some of the human remains and implements are in NMW, human remains and pottery also in the Manchester University Museum (M13), and other human remains are in the private collection of J H Morris, West Bromwich. (Oldham, 1991, 26)
Cullingford (1962, 290) notes that that the skeletons were found in a 'rudely constructed stone chamber against the cave entrance' and mentions further finds in addition to those described above, including two links or studs of shale, a polished flint knife and white quartz pebbles.
The burial contained unusual Late Neolithic artefacts of northern English origin (MacInnes, 1968) which epitomise a new phase in north-eastern Wales, opening up eastwards contacts which are maintained through the Bronze Age (Lynch, Frnaces, 2003).
All of these features are described in more detail by Davies (1949), who provides a plan of the entrance showing the position of the chamber. See also PRN 102261. (Caves Scheduling Enhancement Project, CPAT 2009)